Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving was great, we got to see family that we haven't seen for awhile...the food amazing.....and I love seeing all my nieces and nephews.
Today though, I am sad, I didn't get to see either of my own children, they were off doing their own things, and well, it was very empty without them even though I had a good time visiting with "my" family.
I have the cutest Mom ever, she doesn't hear very well, so she sits around and laughs and smiles when other people laugh, even though she has no clue...she is such a sweetheart....
I always love being around my sister Jolene, her hubby, Alan, and their kids. They have trully amazing children...
Lonny was his usual pill, and Lisa the busy busy hostess. I hardly saw their children, cuz they were off doing the cousin thing...
Kenny, Ling, and Shane ...it was great to see them...Kenny is my older brother, and he married one of my "campfire girl" friends from elementary school. I really love reminiscing with them. Shane is their oldest child, and he is a hoot. He is fun to talk with, he's single, and in his late 30's...maybe the family should try to hook him up with someone. Their daughter, Joy, and her daughter, Ora at home in Oregon. They don't come to AZ. very often, Joy has decided she really does not like it here.
I have dishes to do from Thanksgiving because I wanted everything to be fresh, and I went to my sil...Tanya's to play games last night. She and I played Perquacky...it's an old word game and we love it. We were going to play games with all of our older children but apparently they all found better things to do..well, all I have are older children but she still has 4 young sons at home. She adopted them from a distant relative who lost them through the court systems because of a drug addiction...I will share that story another time.

I best go, I have lots to do...and well this could turn into my life story if I am not careful. So it's dishes for me.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Who cares about dishes? We want you to tell more stories!

Thanksgiving was great - The food was ehhh... but I loved visiting with you and everyone else.

Can you believe it is December? We got our tree up over the weekend so I am hoping to get all of the other decorations up today.

Brian and Mel said...

Hey Aunt Suzie,

Now we can stay in better touch. I wish that we could have seen everyone at Thanksgiving time. I did see Lisa in the mall on Saturday and I saw Uncle Jer the other day too. Congrats on grandbaby number two. Bubba just texted us the other night to let us know. You will have to tell Dedra congrats for us too. We love you and will be better able to keep up now.

Take care!!