Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas is over

We had a wonderful Christmas. Our two children and their spouses and our Grandson Alex all spent the night Christmas eve. So it was the first Christmas in ages we have all been together. Lyle and I got about 1 and 1/2 hours sleep, and( I had a cold so I think it didn't help me much, I have continued being sick ever since, today is the 28th. I have showered today, and that was good. I feel a little bit better.)
We gave our kids, essentials this Christmas, some food, laundry stuff, TP, Papertowels, etc. The funny part was Deidra said Christmas Eve if we were giving her Food Storage she was going to be mad....guess she got bit in the but for that comment. LOL.....she said she loved it becuz it wasn't traditional food storage...it was more customized by the things they use and need. Still it made it fun to know she had said that and wah lah...she was right....
We went to Aunt Tanyas for Breakfast Christmas morning and saw a lot of the Harper family, and were able to celebrate with them. Then we napped and went to Jolene's for dessert with the Goodman side of the family. Not too many showed up but we always love seeing our nieces and nephews and brothers and sisters. It was great to see Alan's family as well. They feel like our family too. I couldn't have chosen a better sister.
I will download pictures and expand this week more. Hope whomever reads this had a wonderful Christmas also....and starts the new year out with hope and faith...for a great new year!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I'm kind of wishing I would have got laundry soap and toilet paper for Christmas and then I wouldn't have to go to the store today.

Today is the first day I have felt better. I slept 13 hours last night and I think that is why. Today is also the first day that I don't have to do something. It is 12:30 right now and I am still in my pajamas. It's kind of nice.

I'm so glad that you guys and Amron and Brooke came over on Christmas. It was so fun - as bad as I felt, I didn't want it to end!

Merry Christmas Suz! I love you!