Monday, April 20, 2009

a lot has happened


Brooke & Amron had their Baby Easter, April 12th.. He was 20" long and weight 8 lbs 1 oz. He is very cute and we adore him. He is in Thatcher now with his parents, and so it may be awhile before we get to see him again. It's hard having your kids out of town and not getting to see your grandkids very often. Hopefully they will be back in this valley soon and we will be able to see Graham....oh yea, his name is Benjamin Graham Harper, and they are calling him Graham. I know why didn't they just name him Graham Benjamin....who knows?
Bren Hansen got home from his mission and spoke on Easter, we missed it...we were in the hospital waiting for our little guy to be born :)
We have been busy getting things done around here, there isn't much work..I have tons of paperwork in the office to do, but there isn't much construction going on. Lyle is focusing on getting the projects done that are started. Of course he will need to find a few odd jobs to tide us over. I believe this will be the hardest financial year of our married lives and maybe our lives. We just will remain positive and hang in there....
I have discovered I really dislike my office job. I don't know what I would rather be doing but I really hate being in that windowless room all by myself all day. So I am very good at ignoring the things I should be doing.....
I also have discovered I really don't have the exciting life of my sister, she is more of a go getter. She doesn't let life pass her bye...she gets involved...I admire that about her.
I also have decided that one of things I want to do before I die, is participate in an improv experiment film. I love watching them and would love to be a part of one...they are awesome and I love the reactions from those people who happen to be there...great stuff :)
I will be adding other things I would love to do before I die....when you get as old as me you just start thinking about things.....:) (like Jolene and her how many steps have you taken)...only different :) just keep smiling :) :) :)

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Susan - I totally want to see you in one of those films. You really would be good at it. You are like Alan - he kills everybody when we play charades - all of our friends always want to play with him because he is so good at it. Unexpected huh?

The first sentence of your post makes it sound like Graham's name is Easter. He is so cute - I can't believe they took him off to Thatcher before I could snuggle him some more. I was trying to be kind and not a baby-hog when I went to see him at the hospital. My girls can't wait to see him. I did give Amron and Brooke a hard time for naming him something that they are not going to call him. It's a curse.

I think I will start making a list of things that I want to do before I die too! That is a great idea.

I'm off to Courtney's basketball game. She only has a few left and then I will have my life back! (yeah, right - as if)

Love you lots - I'm so glad you posted again. Even if you are only doing it so you don't have to work - I'm glad you did. I think that you need a window. You can not expect to function at your best in a dungeon.